About Me Ideas
Today, people are hooked on to social networking sites, blogs and many other interactive websites on the Internet. As a regular Internet user, you must have landed on and maybe even got stuck with the ‘about me’ section ideas. You will find that you run out of good ideas and are at a loss of words.
What to Write on a ‘About Me’ Page?
It’s not just the social networking sites, but also many job sites as well as websites for freelancers require one to put up information that introduces the user to potential employers as well as hiring companies. Even websites that help you sell and buy online products require you to post something about yourself. In such as case, it is quite confusing as to what to write that helps describe you the best.
You should think of this page as an opportunity to talk about yourself. It helps tell people who land on your profile page a bit about yourself, achievements, education, work experience as well as a part of your personality. This will help like-minded people or people with similar experience or work interest to become a part of your circle or friend list. This will help you build trust and confidence among potential future business partners as well as employers. Do not write anything degrading or offense on your page. Instead build trust in people who would like to become associated with you as friends or future professional associates.
You need to first determine your target audience. Are you writing on a social networking site about yourself or is it a more professional website. You should list your skills accordingly to let people know about the things that you are good at. Then, you should definitely mention your education background. Until and unless you are on a social website, you need to post your real name. You do not want your future business associate or employer to know you by a wacky username. If you wish, do offer you location information, but do not post your full address. If needed, post a good photograph of yourself. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so make sure your photograph is worthy enough. The most important part is begin honest. Whether it is professionally or socially, no one likes a person who tends to lie about him/herself.
Quotes and Sayings for Social Networking Sites
If you admire these great personalities or would like to use their thoughts for your ‘about me’ section ideas, then read on…
- “Everybody says I look just like my mother. Everybody says I’m the image of Aunt Bee, Everybody says my nose is like my father’s, But I want to look like ME!” – Dorothy Aldis
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything”. – Greek Proverb
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best”. – Marilyn Monroe
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
- “My FATHER didn’t tell me how to live; he LIVED and let me watch him do it”. – Clarence B. Kelland
- ” I wonder… Do you ever think about me? Do you ever think about us? Do you ever think about what used to be?” – Alicia Brooks Lackey
- “The shit you hear about me might be true but then again, it could be as fake as the bitch who told you”. – Lil’ Wayne
- “Feisty, stubborn, sarcastic, outspoken, very, very blunt – Hmm, are these my good points or bad? Who knows! Who cares! It’s still gonna be me!”
- “I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it”. – Thomas Jefferson
- “My life has been one great big joke, a dance that’s walked a song that’s spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself”. – Maya Angelou
- “When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous”. – Wayne Dyer
- “I never blame myself when I’m not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn’t my fault that I’m not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?” – Yogi Berra
- “Its lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself”. – Muhammad Ali
- “I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.” – Mohandas Gandhi
- “I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it — I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know — but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me. However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded. I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things around me. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay.” – Virginia Satir
Cute Ideas for Blogs
If you do not want to use some heavy-duty ideas for about me, then you can use the following ideas for your page.
- “Be yourself because no one’s like you.”
- “The biggest misconception people have about me is that I’m stupid.” – Billy Idol
- “I just do what i want. It’s not about what people are saying, it’s about me”
- I’m the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence over something that happened a year ago.
- “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” – Dr. Seuss
- “Love me or hate me, I’m still gonna shine”
- “In a world where you can be anything be yourself.”
- “For everyone who doesn’t like me, it goes mind over matter…. I don’t mind. and you don’t matter!”
- “When people can walk away from you, let them walk. Don’t try to talk another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring for you, coming to see you, or staying attached to you. When people can walk away, let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.”
- “Unless you’ve lived my life, don’t judge me because you don’t know, never have and never will know every little thing and detail about me.”
- ” I wanna be the girl he gives his hoodie to wear and cuddles up next to when its cold, he’ll be the one who comes up behind me, wraps his arms around my waist, catches me off guard and whispers you look beautiful.”
- “And when people ask me, “why are you so weird?” I never know what to say. But then I realized why I would be like ‘THIS ‘ when I could be like ‘ttthhiiisss’?? “
- “I am the cure to your blond addiction.”
- “I do what the hell I want.”
- “I’m a realist, I’m a romantic, I am indecisive and that’s about it.”
- “Hating me won’ make you pretty.”
- “I never judges a book by its cover. I use the paragraph on the back, it tells you what the story is about.”
On similar lines, those trying to impress clients, companies or individuals who would give you future business opportunities, should create interesting, yet professional about me page. For example you could give a brief introduction about yourself in the following way:
My name is Jerry Joans. I am 27 years old residing in New York. I am a professional Web designer who has achieved a Bachelor degree in Computer Science from King Edwards University. Currently, I am pursuing a Master’s degree from University of Computer Science in London. This is my personal website that helps showcase my recent works. Hope you enjoy going through my work.
Try elaborating more about yourself and give an honest briefing about your work and interests. This page ideas are all about who you are and what you feel. Facebook, MySpace or LinkedIn are sites to make friends as well as professional relationships with the right kind of people. So, make sure you use smart lines for your page and do not give out wrong ideas about yourself.