How to Choose a Home PC Repair Service
Suddenly find yourself in a situation where your home PC isn’t working? Can’t seem to fix it? And you have tried everything from de-fragmentation to deleting temporary Internet files, but it still won’t do much for you. You could either have some kind of hardware problem or a virus in your computer, the bottom line is you do not know what to do and you need to get some urgent work done.
You wouldn’t find yourself in such a bind if you had a PC repair service at your beck and call. So why didn’t you think of getting a computer repairs service before? Probably because you thought you could handle all of it yourself…well my friend, there are some technical details that even you don’t know.
Important Things To Consider Before Choosing a Home PC Repair Service
- Meet with a computer consultant from a computer service agency and talk to him. If he tries to confuse you with technical jargon, then he is not worth choosing. Look for someone who can simplify and explain the problem to you in layman’s terms. You should also feel comfortable with your repair service ‘guy’ and also gauge whether or not he has your best interest at heart.
- Look for a consultant who is willing to listen to you, your problems and your needs before shooting off solutions to you. The reason you are using this service is so that the person can understand and do what you want them to do and also offer you the best advice and solutions.
- Always check for references before choosing a computer repairs service. A friend may have referred you to a particular service or you could have randomly picked it off the yellow pages, but irrespective of that you have to always check for references. Call up about three of the customers and ask them if they were satisfied, what kind of service they got and how did everything work out for them. Based on the answers you get, you can make a choice.
- Find out about vendor-consultant relationships. Most computer repair consultants or service agencies will have some kind of tie with vendors that will help them in their work. This could be beneficial to you as a customer.
- Check for the agencies objectivity. Do they have an underlying agenda in recommending a particular product or are they doing so in your best interest.
- Find out about the kind of replacements the computer service agency will offer in the event that they are unable to send anyone for your PC repair. Do they have a tie up with another service for such cases? It is important that you look into details.
- Check the rates that these agencies are charging. Are they at par with other agencies or do they seem exorbitant to you? Do not be fooled by an hourly or daily rate, ask for complete rates.
- Check for memberships and computer trainings that do matter at the end of the day. Good agencies should have some kind of memberships with computer associations such as the ICCA. The ICCA membership ensures the customer of high business standard and professional liability insurance. Also the ICCA allows for reference checks to be conducted by the customer. Where computer repair training is concerned, it is important that the consultant be trained specifically in computer repairs.
So the next time you find yourself stuck in a situation with the world wide wed or the Internet as we call it, or your home PC printer isn’t working or the monitor doesn’t turn on, you need not go into a state of panic. Just pick up the phone and call your PC repair service that you took such pains to choose and employ.