How to Import Your Facebook Contacts to Google+
Google+ is a new social networking website launched by Google. This project is an initiative to make social networking a more real experience. You probably, still don’t have a Google+ account as it is currently being accessed only with a Field Trial Invitation. Google+ will be accessible to everyone “soon” like Google says. Meanwhile, you can check out its demo on their official page.
If you are one of the few lucky ones to have managed a coveted invite for yourself to Google+ and you want to import your friends from Facebook, how will you do it? You can import friends from Facebook to Google+, using a foolproof method. Follow the understated steps-
Steps Using a Yahoo Account
Step 1. First log into your Yahoomail account, click on the contact tab and select the option ‘Import Now’.
Step 2. Now you will automatically be redirected to a page with 4 options. Click on the Facebook Icon for contact transfer.
Step 3. Simultaneously, log on to your Facebook account, there will be a pop-up, which will allow Facebook to access your Yahoo Address Book. Choose ‘Allow Yahoo’ option.
Step 4. Now, import Facebook contacts to your Yahoo Account.
Step 5. Log on to your Google+ Account, go to your ‘Circles’ page.
Step 6. Now, click on ‘Find and Invite’. After this step click on ‘Yahoo Import’ and authorize your Yahoo account there.
Step 7. All your Facebook contacts will be transferred to your Yahoo account. Thus, you will find all your Facebook contacts on Google+, ‘Find and Invite’ page. Drag all your friends to the ‘Circle’. You can use the same steps to import contacts from Facebook to Hotmail and then to Google+.
There’s a good news for all you Android Phone users. Besides getting to use the Instant Upload and the Huddle apps by Google+ you can also import contacts from Facebook to Gmail directly. If contacts on your android phone is not synced already, then you can go the Settings option, choose Account and Sync. Then ‘check in’ the option Auto-sync. Sync your Facebook and Gmail accounts and all your contacts will be synced to Gmail.
Google+ has the following features which makes it different from other social networking sites-
- Circles: The coolest feature of Google+ is ‘Circles’. This enables sorting out your friends easily. You can make different circles for school friends, college friends, family members and acquaintances too. This feature does not limit at that, it also allows you to control the data you share very easily. You can make your status or your pictures visible to just one of the circle’s or a particular individual and even choose to chat with a particular circle without being visible to others. All you need to do is drag people to the circles you want them to be in. This definitely has an edge over Facebook’s features for information sharing as customization is not so easy.
- Hangouts: This is a multi-user, free video chat service. It allows up to 10 people to video chat at a time and they can also watch YouTube videos together. Not just that, you can also discuss the video and put your comments while the video is on.
- Spark: Here’s another great feature of Google+. Spark enables you to add your interests, for example say, Hiking, Skiing or Metallica and it will provide you with all the relevant data that the web has and you can share the pages you like with others. You can add circles or individuals to any page and share it.
- Huddle: Huddle on Google+ is a chat service, where you can chat with all your friends at the same time. You can even restrict your chat to a particular circle or an individual. Google+ has also launched a phone application, only available to android phone users. This mobile application enables you to have a text based group-chat with all your friends and intimates you with a push text every time you get a new message.
- Instant Upload: This is a tool that makes photo sharing easier with fast uploads. Google+ has launched Instant Upload, mobile application. It enables you to share the data directly on Google+, if you take pictures or photos using the Instant Mobile application. The transferred data is stored on Google+ and you can choose to publish it at your convenience.
The king of search engines, Google is on a massive expansion and is all set to compete with Facebook. Google+’s features are better than Facebook for sure and their aggressive rivals. Facebook has plans to face this war for the Top Social Networking Site and save its monopoly. Google+ will be able to steal the Facebook fans or no, Only time will tell.